Who I am?
My name is Albert Ollé Callau and I'm living in Figueres (Girona). I started underwater photography in 1995, with a Nikonos V.
Discipline in wich I won some awards and prices.
My photographic equipment is a SLR camera in waterproof housing and underwater strobes.
Check out my other work here:
I've published my photos in:
- Scuba diving specialized magazines (Diving a Fondo, Apnea, Aquanet).
- Alberes Magazine.
- Non-arthropod invertebrates Underwater Guide, 2001.
- El Hierro Scubadiving Guide, 2003.
- L’Indépendent cover (French newspaper), (1/30/2010).
- Ophisthobranchs at Cadaqués, contribution to the Catalogue of Cap de Creus Natural Park, IEE, 2009.
- Presència (Avui & El Punt magazine), cover and inside pages, numbers 2001 and 2066.
- Informative panel at Cadaqués, Cap de Creus Natural Park.
- Cap de Creus Islands (by Arnald Plujà), 2012.
- “Revista de Girona” magazine. Photographic reportage, 2012.
- Some pics for a volume of Catalan Encyclopedia, Natural Heritage, 2013.
- “Descobrir Catalunya” (Discover Catalonia magazine), (feb. 2014).
- Blue Sharks pictures at Earth Touch (South Africa) website.
- I have also given my photos to various courses and audiovisuals, educational or environmental protection purposes.
- Class: Peculiarities of underwater photography, in the digital photography course of J. Algans (2012).
- Photographic conference at the Diafragma Figueres Photographic Association, February 2014.
- Photographic conference at the Cultural Photographic Association of Alt Empordà ACFAE, February 2014.
- Workshop at Espai Armengol (Visual 13), with Jordi Meli, December 2016
- 2nd Place at the Underwater Open Photography Contest. Roses, 2011.
- Honorable mention at International Competition of Nature Photography MONTPHOTO, underwater photo category, 2012.
- 1st Prize at the Underwater Open Photography Contest. Roses, 2013.
- Winner of the first Llançà Photo Contest, 2013.
- 1st Prize to the best photo at the Our Ocean category, in the Marine Wildlife and Seascape Photo Contest for summer 2014 of Ocean Conservancy (USA) org. With over 1,200 submissions.
- 5 pictures at the Final Round of WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2015, Natural History Museum, London.
- 1st PRIZE "Oceans of Life" organized by Bird Life South Africa, 2015. Prize: expedition trip to Spitzbergen (Arctic Ocean) onboard the Polar Pioneer ship, Sponsored by Aurora Expeditions (Australia).
- 2nd PRIZE at the Color of Blue Contest, World Photography Network, 2015.
- 3 finalist pictures at Golden Turtle 2015 from Rússia (still waiting for the definitive results)
- 4 HONORABLE MENTIONS at MONOCHROME PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2015. (See pictures 1, 2, 3 i 4)
- 3rd PRIZE at NEUTRAL DENSITY AWARDS 2016, (Bronze Star into Special Category: Fashion / Beauty). (6.400 entries, 85 countries).
- 2 HONORABLE MENTIONS at NEUTRAL DENSITY AWARDS 2016. (Fine Art Nudes and People Categories).
- 3 NOMINATIONS at FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2017 (Categories Fashion, Wildlife & People).
- 2nd PRIZE (Silver Winner) cat.: Wildlife Underwater at TOKYO PHOTO AWARDS, 2017.
- Peralada, 2011.
- Exhibition of the winning and finalists photos of MontPhoto International Competition of Nature Photography. Lloret de Mar, 2012.
- "The Force of the Sea" at the Gallery Il Mondo, within the collective exhibition "71%" dedicated to the water. Barcelona, 2013.
- Maritime museum of Barcelona: two pictures at the collaborative mural in the expo ”Submarine cameras: The challenge of photographing underwater", 2014.
- Zarautz, Basque Country, 2014.
- Oceans of Life photo exhibition at the Iziko South African Museum, Cape Town, South Africa, 2015.